Five reasons to choose "Oberig" clinic’s Stroke Unit
1. Experience, results, reputation
- Since 2010, about 1,500 patients have been treated at the Stroke Unit Care;
- The rates of complications and mortality in patients are 5 times lower than other clinics of Ukraine;
- More than 80% of patients of the Stroke Unit are able to return to normal life;
- The clinic maintains the Registry of Stroke in accordance with European standards;
- Clinical results of the treatment are comparable with the results of Stroke Centers in Europe, but the cost is 5 to 12 times lower.
2. Compliance with international standards and highly qualified staff
- Stroke Unit Treatment is based on the principle of the Comprehensive Stroke Unit and carried out in accordance with the AHA / ASA (American Heart Association / American Stroke Association) stroke treatment protocols;
- Stroke Unit Treatment is carried out by a multidisciplinary team (doctors, kinesiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, neuropsychologist, nurses);
- Yuriy Flomin, MD, PhD., the Head of the Stroke Unit, was trained at the Department of Clinical Neurology, Clinic of the Medical University of Vienna, worked as a neurologist in the Department of Clinical Neurosciences of the University of Western Ontario Hospital, which is the leading Stroke Center of North America;
- Kinesiotherapists, ergotherapists have been trained and received foreign certificates for rehabilitation methods(Bobath, PNF, etc.);
- Speech therapists are proficient in identifying and treating disorders of swallowing, which allows the patient to return to the normal way of eating;
- Nurses have the proper skills and extensive experience in caring for patients after a stroke (careful monitoring of the patient’s condition, oral and skincare, prevention of bedsores, feeding, moving, etc.).
3. Sufficient hospital resources
- There is a full range of medical equipment (MRI, CT, Ultrasound, Endoscopy, EEG, etc.) for examination in accordance with AHA / ASA protocols;
- A modern laboratory provides all necessary research for patients of the Stroke Unit;
- Staffing with highly qualified staff (100% employment in the clinic) – doctors of various specialties provide help in the treatment of patients of the Stroke Unit (cardiologist, endocrinologist, urologist, surgeon, psychiatrist, endoscopist, ENT, proctologist, infectious diseases specialist, etc.);
- Operating rooms and Intensive Care Units are equipped according to high international standards;
- The 24-hour duty of anesthesiologists provides the possibility of providing emergency care to each patient of the Stroke Unit;
- Own Emergency Service Unit provides emergency medical care and transportation to a hospital.
4. Transparent financials
- The economic activity of the clinic fully complies with the requirements of the current legislation of Ukraine, the clinic pays all taxes stipulated by the legislation of Ukraine;
- The price of all the services of the Stroke Unit is listed in the approved pricelist, therefore can be learnt in advance;
- All payments are made through the cashier or official checking account.
5. Patient and family convenience and comfort
- "Oberig" Clinic is located in the center of Kyiv and has convenient access from Peremohy Ave or Dehtiarivska Str;
- Patients are accommodated in 1 or 2 people units with modern functional beds with anti-decubitus mattresses, shower and toilet;
- The units are equipped with medical electric patient lifts, allowing to safely move patients with disabilities from bed to stroller or chair, and visa versa.